Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wonderland



 I am in the process of sifting through the long abandoned piles in my mind. Pieces of myself that i have been holding onto through the heavy hurricane winds. Every corner I turn right now reveals more about who I am and who I have always wanted to be. It is an enormously exciting adventure!

For years, I have only had the time and energy to brave the electric and all consuming storms. There have been many days when faith that I was somewhere in here was the only thing that kept me going. Tonight, I am grateful. I think of all the times I wanted to die and be free of  the illness. I am grateful to be writing this, grateful to have more days on this planet.

It is important to record such times. These are the times that keep me here.  I keep faith as a lighthouse keeper keeps her fire lit, for the times when  I cannot find the shoreline. I am proud of myself, today. I have endured to find that life is a joy. I know that my dreams are possible and that nothing is out of reach for me. I am Shannon Marie.
Be Well,
~sm

No comments:

Post a Comment